The Fast Static (Rapid Static) Project is being developed because
- Fast/Rapid static still is an important technique for GPS
- No manufacturer has done anything with Fast/Rapid Static for the last 10 years
- It is a good system to investigate how the internet can improve productively.
- It lends it self well to a Jabber based implementation
The Project has a number of planned stages
- Fast Static Classic
Better Fast Static
- What you get from a manufacturer today
- Enter the times wait for the time
- A Version was Created that works over IP as well Fast_Static_Classic_IP
- Timers based on a different elevation mask form the storage
Log at 10° but the timers based on 15°
- SNR monitoring
If the SNR’s are low then the SV shouldn’t be counted in the timers
Real time processing
- Check data availablity between all the receivers, not just one.
- So if a SV is blocked at one location and a different one is blocked at another location then both SV’s would be removed from the timers
- Start when you get there, wait for everyone.
- Currently for the timers to be useful you have to wait for everyone to get to the point. Which in the >2 receiver case isn’t optimal.
- It should be possible to check to see if the base lines will solve in near real time, the data is sent to a server, it processes the baselines, checks the loops and indicates if you are ready to go or not.
- Might not get to this one