OPUS is a system provided by NGS in which you can send a RINEX file to NGS, via a web page, the results are then emailed back to you. The result is from the processing and adjustment of baselines from the closest three stations.
There are a number of issues with the OPUS system from a standpoint of trying to automate the system.
- There is a requirement to use the interactive web-page.
- The results are in an email that is designed to be read by humans.
- The results are in emails, which normally require manual processing
There are a number of programs in the system
- SendOPUS (Sends a file to the OPUS system without using the web interface)
- OPUS_pro_POP3 (Process all OPUS files in the mail box, making a CSV file sutiable for plotting)
- OPUS_POP3_stat (How many OPUS files are waiting to be processed)
- OPUS PLOT (Plots the opus results)
All programs require the PERL support package.